405 Method not allowed [SentryMba]

Discussion in 'Discussions & Help Forum' started by Clay, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clay

Clay Member

Ratio:
    Just tried to make the config and i am running into following problem: 405 Method not allowed
    Url that i am using looks like this: www.website.com/login/ajax/
    Do i need to use default POST method or something else?

troski000 likes this.
  2. fayssal

fayssal New Member

Ratio:
    same problem here

3. Xtra

Xtra Active Member Active Member

Ratio:
    Method not allowed meaning you are not using the correct method. For example, the url is set for POST requests only but you are trying to use it to get a GET request.
    You need to changed the method to POST and add POST data. Make sure Headers match accordingly

4. USD

USD New Member

Ratio:
    Did you manage to fix this issue @Clay? I dont want to hijack your thread but I have a very similar issue on my end. Everything seems to be going smooth until the authentication stage where I have this issue;

Code:
    Select All
    <-----Received Headers-----> HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN Allow: GET Content-Type: text/html;charset=utf-8 Content-Language: en X-dynaTrace-JS-Agent: true Content-Length: 1213 Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 03:01:23 GMT Connection: close Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=BA2B975EC208C997F37DF3FAE2795937.KEUPVWCPAPP10; Path=/; HttpOnly Set-Cookie: akavpau_www_fullsite=1487473583~id=3d256e9cc7da7be258ebc64b11f88587; path=/ <-----Received Source-----> <html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/7.0.59 - Error report</title><script type="text/javascript" src="/dtagent6315_jp_1050.js" data-dtconfig="rid=RID_1960632935|rpid=1246607503|domain=keurig.com|reportUrl=dynaTraceMonitor"></script><style><!--H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color : #525D76;}--></style> </head><body><h1>HTTP Status 405 - Request method 'POST' not supported</h1><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><p><b>type</b> Status report</p><p><b>message</b> <u>Request method 'POST' not supported</u></p><p><b>description</b> <u>The specified HTTP method is not allowed for the requested resource.</u></p><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/7.0.59</h3></body></html> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <-----Bot Status: 405 - Method Not Allowed-----> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Any help would be appreciated.

5. Xtra

Ratio:
    >HTTP Status 405 - Request method 'POST' not supported</h1><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><p><b>type</b> Status report</p><p><b>message</b> <u>Request method 'POST' not supported</u></p><p><b>description</b> <u>The specified HTTP method is not allowed for the requested resource.<

Read that and learn what HTTP methods are.

6. USD

USD New Member

Ratio:
    I have read that and I have tried 'GET' (No error but it does not post the username/password this it never logs in), I have tried POST in Json also, still the same error. I am highly confused as to how you are supposed to login without using POST, doesnt the POST action physically send the username in this case the values of j_username and j_password to the site? How can any other method do that?

I appreciate your help, and I am 100% down to work this out myself but I would really appreciate more of a hint because this is past me if I know what the issue is.

7. Xtra

Ratio:
    Yes you are right about the POST request. A GET request can also be used as well because you can get information from the server with the email and password, which can be authenticated like that.

8. USD

USD New Member

Ratio:
    Would you mind if I sent you the config to have a quick look over? I want to learn, so you honestly dont need to send me anything back I am just screwing because I am like 1000% sure what I am doing is right. Per your suggestion I changed the POST request in the Authentication Stage to GET and the config goes through but its not picking up any keywords regardless of fail or success so that can only mean to me that the source or page its directing to is only the login page, its not sending the account information to the server thus meaning their is no way the keywords can be picked up.

I'll PM it over to you mate, I do highly appreciate your help and if you can shed any light as to where I have gone wrong ill send a couple $ BTC your way.

9. Xtra

Ratio:
  10. USD

USD New Member

Ratio:
    This guy is a genius, issue resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.