Anyone heard of Binaural Beats to keep focus?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hopelessone, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Hopelessone

Hopelessone Member

Ratio:
    HI,

I just wanted to post some (of what I perceive) interesting information that I thought I'd pass on to you.

Now, as you know there are 4 kinds of brain waves: Gamma, Beta, Alpha, Theta and Delta. These waves tell your brain what kind of thought process to undertake in the current situation you're in. For example, if you're being mugged, your brain is probably going to be doused in gamma waves. Walking down a dark alley in the middle of the night, probably beta waves, and so on. The frequency of these waves is measured in hertz, or how many cycles the sound has per second. Most scientists agree that the adult human can physically hear and comprehend any noise or sound in the range between 15 Hz to 18,000 Hz. Here's a chart lifted straight off Wikipedia that should make things a little more clear:

Frequency range Name Usually associated with:
    > 40 Hz Gamma waves Higher mental activity, including perception, problem solving, fear
    13–39 Hz Beta waves Active, anxious thinking and active concentration, arousal, cognition, paranoia
    7–13 Hz Alpha waves Relaxation (while awake), pre-sleep and pre-wake drowsiness
    4–7 Hz Theta waves Dreams, deep meditation/relaxation, REM sleep
    < 4 Hz Delta waves Deep dreamless sleep, loss of body awareness

So say a 100 Hz frequency is being played in your right headphone and a 60 Hz in your left. The difference is 40 Hz, and 40 Hz = Gamma waves - Higher mental activity. See how that works? Your brain automatically synchronizes itself and its waves along with the external stimuli- in this case, the binaural beats.

Theres also Digital Drugs that mimic the same frequencies of every drug just about imagined. Here is a list of some common ones that are readily available from many torrent sites:

i-doser
    brainsync
    equisync
    hemi-sync
    iso-tones

to name a few of the common ones. I was thinking it might be good for you guys wanting to keep focus while cracking ;)

Anyways, what are your thoughts?

H

Jelly and Crack4Cash like this.
  2. Gunner25

Gunner25 Member

Ratio:
    Placebo effect? or is there research backing this up? Big fan of placebo regardless, not necessarily a bad thing... if it works, it works!

3. Hybridplague

Hybridplague New Member

Ratio:
    a friend of mine tried them at night, and ended up having strange dreams and an inability to sleep at all
    maybe he was trying the wrong frequency or as stated above the placebo effect

4. Jok

Jok Member

Ratio:
    The last year I was very interested in these binaural beats, I actually tried them, many times but without a tangible success, it could been a placebo effect.