need some help with cracking [Apex ]

Discussion in 'Cracking Discussions & Help Forum' started by Rain_Dogs, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Rain_Dogs

Rain_Dogs Basic Member

Ratio:
    well i started learning how to crack with Apex few days ago
    i have some questions and will appreciate if you help me out

1. how do i know i should enable using proxy for a site or not?
    2. how can i get some proxies myself?
    3. lastly i want some suggestions and help for making or choosing the right combo

thanks

2. Spleenmuncha

Spleenmuncha Basic Member

Ratio:
    I've not used Apex before. Is there a reason that you chose that one to start with?

I started with Sentry MBA - it has lots of pre-made Config files, and it's pretty easy once you get going. https://cracking.org/forum/126-sentry-mba-lvl2/

Proxies are posted often on here. https://cracking.org/forum/82-proxy-lists/

Combos again, are plentyful on here. Just give some a try. https://cracking.org/forum/83-combos-word-lists/

Can't help you with Apex tho buddy.

I also run everything "Sandboxed" - I had a nasty virus experience not so long ago.

Rain_Dogs likes this.
  3. Rain_Dogs

Rain_Dogs Basic Member

Ratio:
    thank you buddy
    no there is no particular reason i selected Apex but i found it's tutorial first and it seems simple :) maybe i try sentry MBA too
    i know that i can get proxies in forum and combos and word lists too but i want to make them myself you know

so still
    i don't know the use of proxies in cracking! why they are needed?
    how do i know a site needs proxies for cracking or not?

4. redlight2

redlight2 Banned

Ratio:
    I think its the best to start with Apex. Apex is a basic program to crack with but can somethimes be better then sentry MBA. Other then sentry apex cant capture data like expire date. To see when a site is proxyless or not is trying several times a login in a browser if you get 'You tried to many times get back in 10 minutes' or like uploaded afther some time it wont let you login , even with a valid login. Thats because you tried to many times and failed. Then you need to use proxies. You just really have to try and see. There are many proxy software who can get you proxies but when its public the quality of the proxies wont be that good. Get your proxies here in the wordlists and proxy section. In that section there will be alot of good proxylists that you can use to crack with. The core of cracking succesfully is having good wordlists. That can be difficult. If you really want good wordlist you have to be vip or diamond member to get private wordlists.

I hope i helped you a little.

Rain_Dogs likes this.
  5. Rain_Dogs

Rain_Dogs Basic Member

Ratio:
    thank you so much bro

6. Spleenmuncha

Spleenmuncha Basic Member

Ratio:
    So far, with Sentry, I've only used pre-made configs. So the decision as to if proxies are needed or not for any particular site is already made in the config that I load.
    I also do all my cracking from behind a VPN. But that might be me being a little paranoid.