Programming languages

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cali, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Cali

Cali Basic Member

Ratio:
    What are the best programming languages to learn in your opinion?

2. CocoSofware

CocoSofware Banned Scammer

Ratio:
    hhm if you want start to learn maybe c# or Java .

3. ThePhilosopher

ThePhilosopher Active Member

Ratio:
    Delphi for cracking

4. Mario_

Mario_ Basic Member

Ratio:
    java or python

5. Tarwin

Tarwin Advanced Member

Ratio:
    Java is shit, c# is the way to go

6. CocoSofware

CocoSofware Banned Scammer

Ratio:
    Deplhi for cracking ? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

7. Cali

Cali Basic Member

Ratio:
    delphi has no future, c is the best to learn in my opinion, everything runs c nowadays

8. Tarwin

Tarwin Advanced Member

Ratio:
    No lmfao. C has no future.

9. Cali

Cali Basic Member

Ratio:
    how come ?

10. Tarwin

Tarwin Advanced Member

Ratio:
    Because it has had it's time to shine already. People have moved on to c++ for game developing simple because it was taking too long. C also isn't OO

11. Cali

Cali Basic Member

Ratio:
    my bad with C i meant every c like c#, c++ ... but i was too lazy to write it down
    java is the way for games and python for anything else nowadays, as far as i know any c language is too heavy for games and that's why they use it less.

12. Tarwin

Tarwin Advanced Member

Ratio:
    Java sucks for game programming because it has to run in the JVM causing it to be slower than native languages like C. C isn't heavy at all, that's just completely wrong. C compiles to native CPU instructions. C++ simply has more features which C doesn't have. Also don't generalize c# and c++ with C. Even though c# has a c in it, it actually has no connection to C or c++. C# is a managed languages and runs in the CLR (similar to the JVM). It's currently not used because it can't perform as many low-level operations like C and c++.

13. Cali

Cali Basic Member

Ratio:
    My bad again, want to explain a few things. C# is considered heavy for games (especially in android) that's why I have seen a lot of people using Java. I don't know much about C++ and about C: I don't mean that everybody will stop using other languages and only use C, what I meant is that it will still be used, of course, but it will be changed later (for example what Apple did with Swift), so it still has a bright future ahead for a few years. Anyway, Python is being used more and more as an alternative to C++, C and C# just because it is faster and doesn't require so much code.

14. Tarwin

Tarwin Advanced Member

Ratio:
    Java is slower than c#. The il code only has to get compiled once to native code (per process). Itnsome scenarios it's faster even than a native language since it can optimize the code better for the current machine compared to precompiled cpu instructions. c# is the future and when PCs are going to get faster it will become the industry standard for developing games.

15. Cali

Cali Basic Member

Ratio:
    We just have to wait and see what happens, maybe Python gains more popularity or C# keeps rising.