Ratio system tweak (upgrade)

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by miss.special, Sep 20, 2016.

1. miss.special

miss.special Basic Member

Ratio:
    Hi,

As first I would like to point that "ratio system" is one of the best ways in order to keep the leechers away and I completely approve that concept. However, the one that board is using atm could be tweaked a lot better. I will explain it more detailed by posting an example bellow:

Let's say I do have 10 posts & 10 likes which means my ratio is 1.

Now I would like to help some members and I do that by posting 10 replies solving issues to 10 of them.
    What happens with my ratio ? It goes down to 0.5 because my ratio now is 20 posts Vs 10 likes.

Now let's say I would like to fill some requests and I made some 10 posts more.
    What happens with my ratio ? Again it goes down to 0.33 because my ratio now is 30 posts Vs 10 likes.

The main question is what I have leeched by making the posts above ???

Hopefully you see what my point is. Ratio system should not count posts that are made in areas of the board where you actually not taking anything for yourself (which could lead to the leeching if happens too often by the same member). At the areas of the board where you are actively making posts taking part in various discussions. A kind of absurd, but there could eventually be and a lot worse scenario than this one above is. Furthermore, I could even make an table from which board areas posts should be tracked & counted by ratio system and from which not but there is no use of making it if this ratio system upgrade will not happen.

Just to be noticed, I still haven't posted nothing in requests or cracking discussions help so I am not 100% sure that my example above complains with them but from what I have seen by making posts in other areas of the board I believe that there is no difference where the posts are made.

2. Cannabun

Cannabun Basic Member

Ratio:
    I 10000% agree with you.

3. soLodAk1Ng

soLodAk1Ng New Member

Ratio:
    Yes i totally agree this shud be done

4. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member Administrator Trusted Seller

Ratio:
    We are working on it and will update the ratio system within a couple of days, the ratio value will be calculated based on member threads / posts (replies) not likes / messages.
    Also, will exclude some forums like General Discussion, Feedback & Suggestions and Requests.

Your suggestion is highly appreciated.

miss.special likes this.
  5. Lucz0r

Lucz0r Member

Ratio:
    @Jacob , old members who have been here like a long time like me, are being punished for the none like requirement back in the days, i am obligated to buy VIP to actually respond to people even though about a year ago i released daily netflix / skype accounts with $$ on it. I much like to see this new tweak ur talking about and i hope it benefits members like me a bit more :)

6. miss.special

Ratio:
    I am very happy to hear this and, also, I am glad that I have been of some help around, even as a newbie.

Cheers.

7. CUSER

CUSER New Member

Ratio:
    i AGREE

8. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member Administrator Trusted Seller

Ratio:
    miss.special likes this.
  9. miss.special

Ratio:
    Have you ever met anyone who destroyed it's own reputation by himself. lol. It looks like I have destroyed mine by myself when posting the suggestion about the tweaking the ratio system :)

Anyway, I don't care much because of that as I was aware of what will happen with it in case of accepting of my suggestion. My intention was to make few quality suggestions to the forum board in general and I am sure this one is. What the board have now is much more precise ratio system which filters out spam and useless posts toward the good quality ones which are the only one now taken in consideration. I am really really glad to see that I have contributed a bit different way than the usual.

Honestly speaking, as I am not that good cracker, I doubt that I will ever manage to get into higher membership and even otherwise, my ambitions are not that high. As long I will have time in the future, I will be more than happy to help with the things I know. Even if that will be only reporting of a spammers and dead threads and some suggestions here and there.

Cheers :)))

Jacob likes this.