understanding variables ?

Discussion in 'Cracking Discussions & Help Forum' started by LongDongSilver-, Dec 7, 2015.

1. LongDongSilver-

LongDongSilver- Member

Ratio:
    Well slowly but surely i am learning the basics of variables, but my real question is

in what situation would you need to use variables, how can i understand how they work, their purpose and when i would need to use them.

i'm not asking to be spoonfed i'm just asking for guidance.

2. Luxor

Luxor Member

Ratio:
    Lets take that server takes username=yourusername and password=yourpassword and some token which changes in every reload
    You cannot just give it a fixed value because it will change in the next record, so you need to first load the page like usually and the copy/parse the token from page source so that it automatically updates its token id and voila there's a basic explanantion of it! You'll need more for makinjg md5,sha256 or whatever variables

3. LongDongSilver-

LongDongSilver- Member

Ratio:
    so do you need variables for eg. when you analyze a login page and it only gives you the cookie ?

4. Luxor

Luxor Member

Ratio:
    Actually analyze page is shit xD You never do analyze page because it mostly gives wrong data (mostly huge sites)
    IMO you should always input data manually! You ask how would you dot that? :P Get http fox and see the post data, theres a tutorial in here for that! Check it out

5. LongDongSilver-

LongDongSilver- Member

Ratio:
    haha i'm not a complete noob i can use http fox, thanks ill do that from now on

6. Tarwin

Tarwin Advanced Member

Ratio:
    You don't need variables if you're just updating forms from the first stage.