Adding time limit to requests in general

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by miss.special, Sep 5, 2016.

1. miss.special

miss.special Basic Member

Ratio:
    This actually is not a huge suggestion but it could improve member experience a lot.

Few moments ago while browsing members requests in "active section" I have noticed that there are a lot of them reported as completed but yet not moved to the "completed" section (I took the freedom to report them all). Furthermore, there was a lot of them really old (more than several months, even years).

What would be my suggestion is that in the future you add a time limit for how long an request will be considered as active, for example 1 month. That is more than long enough for everyone interested to help others by completing their requests to see it. Plus, it does not require of a request starter to much of a time to keep it alive. Once a month is just fine as long as he is still looking for whatever the request is about.

What would be the benefit of adding "request time limit":

As first, all requests older than the time limit would be automatically moved by moderators considered as inactive making the actual subforum board cleaner and up to date.

As second, it will help other members to easier locate the threads (requests) that they are able and willing to fulfill saving their time for other activities.

As third, as I have already said, it is better to browse through 2 or 3 pages of up to date requests than through 20 of them that more than a half is outdated long time ago.

I hope forum Staff will take my suggestion into consideration.

WhiteSilence likes this.
  2. miss.special

miss.special Basic Member

Ratio:
    I did not want to start a new thread because my question / suggestion is related to the post above.

Shouldn't the requests from the expired VIP & expired Diamond members be moved into "Active requests" area ? Seems logical to me to do so. Why ?

In order that VIP and Diamonds member gets better treatment and their requests fulfilled faster than the other ones, I guess VIP and Diamond requests areas should be cleaned more often. That way active requests would be easier to find than now it is the case.

There is a ton of a requests from the expired VIP & Diamond members at the moment in those areas.