Knowledge on Bitcoin and doing transactions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flylazybabyboy, Aug 27, 2016.

1. flylazybabyboy

flylazybabyboy Member VIP

Any buyers/sellers familiar with Bitcoin care to shed some knowledge; I'm trying to get into bitcoin and doing transactions with bitcoins (since most people do bitcoins and won't accept paypal). If I were to buy something from a seller for example a gift card that have a value of $500 and the seller said his percentage is 10% what do they mean? How do I figure out how much 10% is in bitcoin? It is easy to figure out the math when doing paypal or basic USD. I went to google did "USD to BTC" and put in 500 USD and it converted it to bitcoin which came out to be "0.87" so do I take the 0.87 and figure out 10% of that bitcoin conversion?
    @k0sster @aota
  2. k0sster

k0sster Well-Known Member Active Member

$500 - %10= $50 put in $50 in and see how many in bitcoins that is

at current rate ofcourse :) that is the amount in bitcoin you need to send
  3. anotherbrick

anotherbrick Member

I recommend you check this guide. That being said, I'd get verified on some platform like Bitstamp. You need to send them documents and proof that you own a bank account, but if you regularly want to buy bitcoins that's gonna be the most reliable way without risking to lose money in private sketchy transactions.
  4. aota

aota Active Member

I've never bought bitcoin. It's too much risk for me, too afraid of my personal information being exposed. That being said, that's why I'm always connected to a VPN 100% of the time. The conversion rate is easy, if someone wants $50 for their $100 account or $100 gift card, just type "50.00" in the USD field and it will automatically convert it to today's rate in btc. I suggest you use , it's one of the most safest wallets out there and many 2-step and 3-step auth to prevent people getting into your wallet. I know it sucks but btc is the only thing folks accept but it's well worth it. The moment I started doing selling things for btc and buying things, the moment my "empire" grew and I was getting better hits, more knowledge, etc.